Today Tucker Max responded to the Gawker articles and the BCWoods story.
"First off, BC Woods knows exactly why he was fired, and his recitation of the "facts" are laughable. He has chosen to construct a different reality in his mind so he doesn't have to face what actually happened. I haven't written about it because, ironically enough, I am trying to be the good guy. If I printed the full story of what an idiotic doofus that kid is, if I had Ben and Bart and Nils and Donika write up their takes on him and what happened, believe me, no one would be on his side. But I haven't done that because what's the point? How does it benefit me to shit all over some loser? That's a no win situation for me--if I systematically explain what happened, I look weak by wasting time on a no one and people wonder why I am even talking about it. Granted, if I don't, people may accept his version of the story, but considering that no one other than nosey dipshits like you care about some blogger who can't get any traffic, I'll take the latter situation.
Second, Gawker's hate storm has NOTHING to do with anything other than the fact that this is what they do. Gawker is not looking for facts, they are not looking for an explanation of what happened--they don't care about that, they aren't a news service or reporters. They are simply printing anything they can find that they perceive as negative towards me, regardless of how much truth there is in it. They are a snark and slander rag that exists for no other reason than to generate page views, and they do that by stirring up controversy, even where none really exists. That's what they do. They aren't treating me any differently than they treat pretty much anyone. If you had read anything else on Gawker, you'd know this. "
If I had a printer attached to my laptop I'd print this out and then rub it on myself, it is so good. I've only got like 5-10 minutes so let's just do the main points about why this is bullshit.
- In typical Tucker Max fashion they discredit BCWoods as a person rather than address the fact that he was paid $82 for 6 months work.
- Tucker claims that "Ben and Bart and Nils and Donika" all feel the same way, that his stories were fake and that he wasn't a good writer. Really Tucker? You're own sycophant employees back you up? You must be telling the truth I guess..
- Then comes the powerplay where he explains that his time is so valuable that it would be a waste to explain why BCWoods left. Really? The second most popular Rudius site after his own and he didn't have time to tell the fans what happened. This bit drips of ignorance.
- In less than 50 minutes there are two posts from Rudius blogfags giving us the inside scoop talking about how they never liked BCWoods and how his stuff was fake. Posts like these are CLEARLY coordinated in order to sway a thread a certain way - in this one it's to discredit BCWoods.
- The funny thing is BCWoods didn't hold a proper grudge at all to Rudius - he waited almost a fucking year before he quietly, and respectfully, posted about the reasons he left.
- There's no explanation about the email Tucker sent him either - I guess it's hard to defend a direct quote that clearly exhibits what an asswipe you really are.
- As for the Gawker stuff, they have BCWoods email, they have the post TheBunny did, but according to Tucker "Gawker is not looking for facts... (they're) printing anything they can find". Dumbass, they have evidence! Right now I can go on Gawker and you're on the front page where they link to a story where you add a person who kills Mexicans to your Hall of Fame.
Man, I fucking love Gawker.